The Linksys X6200 ADSL/VDSL Dual-Band Wi-Fi Modem Router is a high-speed ADSL/VDSL gateway that can be set up for either DSL or Cable connection. This gateway is ideal for connecting multiple devices and for adding USB storage to the network.
- Internet Explorer® 11, Safari® 9 Chrome™, Firefox® or later
- Mac: OS X® Leopard v.10.5.8 or later, Snow Leopard v.10.6.1 or later, Lion v.10.7 or Mountain Lion v.10.8, Mavericks v.10.9, Yosemite v.10.10 or El Capitan v.10.11
- Windows: Windows XP SP3, Vista SP1 or later, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- 2 in 1 Modem + Wi-Fi Router
- Concurrent Dual-Band
- Data Rate up to 300 Mbps on 2.4 GHz and 433 Mbps on 5 GHz
- Up to 2×2 Spatial Stream
- Wi-Fi compatible with 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n and 802.11ac
- Beamforming Technology
- ADSL / VDSL Support
- Parental Controls
- Guest Network
- DLNA support
- Four (4) Gigabit LAN ports
- One (1) USB 2.0 port
- Four (4) Internal Planar Inverted F Antennas (PIFA)
LEDs Ethernet (1, 2, 3 and 4) – lights up when a computer or any device is connected to that port.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) – is continuously lit Green when a WPS connection is successfully established. The LED blinks slowly while the WPS is setting up a connection, and blinks rapidly if an error occurs. The LED goes OFF when WPS is idle. To learn more about the WPS feature, click here.
Wireless – lights up when the wireless feature is enabled. It flashes when the gateway is actively sending or receiving data over the network.
WAN – lights up green when the gateway is connected directly to an ADSL line. It lights up blue when the gateway is set up as a router only and is connected to the Internet through a separate modem.
Internet – lights up green when the gateway has Internet connection. It flashes green while the gateway is establishing Internet connection. The LED lights up red when it cannot obtain an IP address.
Power – lights up when the gateway is powered ON. The LED flashes when the gateway goes through its self-diagnostic mode every boot up. When the diagnostic is complete, the LED is continuously lit. It lights up red when an error occurs.
NOTE: When the Power LED on your Linksys gateway is blinking, this means that the firmware is corrupted. To learn how to resolve this, click here.
DSL port – connects to the ADSL line. Cable port – connects to an Ethernet cable when the gateway is installed as a router only.
NOTE: The Cable port has a yellow sticker covering it to prevent inserting a DSL cable in the wrong port.
Ethernet (1, 2, 3 and 4) – connects the gateway to computers and other Ethernet network devices on your network using an Ethernet cable.
USB port – connect an external USB drive to this port in order to have a network-attached storage.
Power – where you connect the power adapter that comes with the router.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) – press this button to have the WPS feature search for your WPS-supported wireless device.
Reset – allows you to reset the router to factory defaults. There are two (2) ways to reset the Linksys X6200 to its factory defaults.
- Press and hold the Reset button for approximately 10 seconds.
- Restore the defaults from the Administration > Factory Defaults page on the gateway’s web-based setup page.